Hours of Operation:
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM - Monday - Friday
Saturday appointments are available from 8:30 AM - Noon.
24-hour telephone coverage. Appointments are required.
An on-call physician may be reached by calling the office telephone number. The answering service will assist you.
This group practice has been established to meet the health needs of your child. We treat your child not only when he/she is ill, but we will also assist him/her in maintaining the best possible state of health. Our emphasis for your child is on health promotion and preventive care.
Information about financial assistance is available by calling 607-798-5506 or 607-798-5229.
Our services include:
- Same day sick call
- Well and sick child care
- Lead screenings
- Asthma treatments
Asking your provider to make a diagnosis over the phone and prescribe appropriately is usually not in your best interest. There are, of course, exceptions but these are the general guidelines we like to follow:
- If you need to obtain a refill by phone, please allow 3 business days to fill the prescription.
- Please plan ahead. Try not to run out of medications at night or on the weekend. If you need refills for certain medications, please ask your provider during a scheduled office visit.
- Medications are limited for good reasons. Patients taking medications regularly must be reexamined periodically in order for prescriptions to be filled.
- To get your prescription more quickly, in most cases, you can request your renewal through your pharmacist.
- You can also request a prescription renewal through your Primary Care Patient Portal. Don't have a Portal? Talk to your healthcare provider today about signing up.
- Requests are handled Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
What To Bring To Your First Office Visit
We begin a permanent file for your child during your first office visit. Please bring records of your child's immunizations, if you have them. We will also ask your permission to transfer any previous doctor records to our own files. Our office personnel will help you fill out the appropriate transfer forms.
Gathering this information together for a permanent record will assist us in determining the best health care for your child. The detailed medical history we keep will prove valuable throughout your child's youth and adult life.
To make an appointment with us, please call during the office hours listed above. If you need a question answered over the telephone, we will be happy to record the information and have a nurse or physician return your call.
If our office is closed, please call and leave a message with our answering service. The physician on-call that evening or weekend will return your call. Please remain where you are or inform the answering service as to where you can be reached. The doctor will contact you as soon as possible. If you have a routine request, or a prescription refill, please call during weekday office hours.
Here are a few things to have before calling the office:
- Age and approximate weight of child.
- Child's temerature - Always take your child's temperature before calling. Saying he or she "feels warm" is not enough.
- A list of symptoms.
- Names and dosages of any medications taken.
- A list of any allergies to medications.
- Name and telephone number of your pharmacy.
- Insurance information - Please inform our staff if you are a member of a local HMO or managed care plan.
If it is an emergency:
We will refer you to a local emergency room or walk-in center for an evaluation. Please identify yourself as a patient with the Lourdes Pediatric Group. This helps to ensure our ability to maintain close contact with the emergency department staff.
What if Hospitalization is Required?
Our doctors admit their patients to Lourdes Hospital. If for some reason you prefer that your child be admitted elsewhere, discuss this with your doctor and arrangements will be made. If hospitalization is necessary, the decision will be mutually made between the physician and the family as to which facility to use. Be sure to contact your insurance plan, especially if you belong to an HMO.
Your appointment is important. If you can't keep your scheduled appointment, please call our office to reschedule. Rescheduling of three missed appointments may result in a discharge from services.
As pediatric practitioners, we are trained to deal with the majority of your child's medical problems. In the event a specialist consultation is needed, we will be more than happy to arrange a consultation, forward all pertinent information and act as your representative. Part of the consulting specialist's responsibility is to inform the physician, that is, Lourdes Pediatric Group, of their recommendations to you. In this way, we have direct knowledge of those recommendations and how we can aid in your child's care.
As a medical group, we cannot overemphasize the importance of close communication between patient and physician. Please report to us any complaint you might have about our services or failure to meet your needs. We will do our best to correct the situation. We are here to serve you with the best medical care possible. Please let us help you!