This two hour meeting combines eduction and support for those newly diagnosed with cancer. The first hour is an educational session. Topics will vary and will be presented by physicians, nurses, social workers, therapists, and more. The second hour is a support group session for those who are newly diagnosed and currently receiving treatment. This group meets on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
6:00 PM - 6:45 PM - Educational Session
6:45 PM - 8:00 PM - Support Group
Dates & Times
- August 01, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- September 05, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Before the Selfie – The Self Portrait! - Put your smartphone away and remember what life was like “BT” – before technology! Creating your own self-portrait is a way to capture your essence. It is an empowering exercise to portray yourself as you see yourself, not as others see you. Presented by: Yvonne Lucia, RN, MDiv, CGC, Grief Support Practitioner and Express Art Facilitator
- October 03, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Mind and Body Support Using Reflexology - Discover tension relief and illness treatments using a system of massage based on reflex points on the feet, hands, and head that are linked to every part of the body. Presented by: Janice Fiore, Brain gym instructor, nationally board certified reflexologist, and Master Reiki practitioner.
- November 07, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Support Group Session - Mary Mancini, RN, BSN Oncology Nurse Navigator, Lourdes Hospital, and John Vassello, LCSW
- December 05, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Angels We Have Heard On High - Angels have captured the imagination of humanity throughout time. Whether or not you believe in angels, they have come to be symbols of divine protection. We’ll create a whimsical angelic art piece in honor of our Guardian Angels, real or imagined.