To prepare for the birth of your baby, we explore the stages of labor and the birthing experience, coping and relaxation skills, and medical interventions such as induction of labor, epidurals and cesarean birth.
Each session includes lecture/discussion, videos and time for practicing relaxation and coping skills (breathing and more). These sessions will be held in the Learning Center Conferencr Room, which is on the Main Floor of the hospital. A tour of our Women's & Children's Center and PRIVATE birthing suites is included as a part of this class.
The sessions are designed for the mother-to-be and her labor support person (we ask that only one person come with the mother-to-be for class.)
Bring two pillows and a blanket and wear comfortable clothing.
Fee: $50 per couple for a 4 Week Session
The Preparing for Birth Series is also held at our Vestal location on Shippers Road (behind Lowe's Home Improvement Center). See the Preparing for Birth Series Vestal page for more dates and times.
Dates & Times
- March 02, 2015, Four Monday Sessions (3/2, 3/9, 3/16, 3/23), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- May 04, 2015, Four Monday Sessions (5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 5/25), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- July 06, 2015, Four Monday Sessions (7/6, 7/13, 7/20, 7/27), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- September 07, 2015, Four Monday Sessions (9/7, 9/14, 9/22, 9/28), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- November 02, 2015, Four Monday Sessions (11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM