This class helps to prepare you for the birth of your baby. We explore the stages of labor and the birthing experience, coping and relaxation skills, and medical interventions such as induction of labor, epidurals, and cesarean birth. Each session includes lecture/discussion, videos, and time for practicing relaxation and coping skills (breathing and more). A tour of our Women’s & Children’s Center and PRIVATE birthing suites is included as a part of this class.
These sessions are designed for the mother-to-be and her labor support person (we ask that only one person come with the mother-to-be for class).
Bring two pillows and wear comfortable clothing.
Cost: $50 per couple
Day: Four sessions – 2 hours each. Mondays.
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
The Preparing for Birth Series is also held at our Vestal location on Shippers Road. See the Preparing for Birth Series Vestal page for more dates and times.
If for any reason a class needs to be cancelled or rescheduled, you will be called at the phone number you provided upon registration. For cancellations due to weather, the cancellations will also be posted on our website and information will be sent to local radio and TV stations.
Dates & Times
- March 21, 2016, Four Monday Sessions (3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/11), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- May 02, 2016, Four Monday Sessions (5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- July 11, 2016, Four Monday Sessions (7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- September 19, 2016, Four Monday Sessions (9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- November 07, 2016, Four Monday Sessions (11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 11/28), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM