Did you know that cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of all Americans? About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease also kills more women than all forms of cancer combined, and congenital cardiovascular defects are the most common cause of infant death from birth defects.
You can help fight cardiovascular disease. When you join Loudres Hospital for the American Heart Association Heart Walk, you join thousands of people across the Southern Tier in taking a stand against heart disease and helping save lives!
Join Lourdes on Sunday, April 10, at the SUNY Broome Community College Ice Center. Check-in begins at 9:00 AM. The walk begins at 10:30 AM.
Don't miss a day of family fun. Activities go from 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM.
To join a Lourdes team:
- Visit the Heart Walk website.
- Click "Register and Join Heart Walk" (top middle of the page).
- Click "Join a Team."
- Choose "Lourdes" in the "Select a Company" drop down box.
- Select a Lourdes Team from the list of Lourdes Teams at the bottom of the page then click "Join Team."
- If you're a returning participant, choose option 1. If you're a new participant, create a username and password or use credentials from an existing social media account.
- Follow remaining instructions.