Did you know that cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of all Americans? About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease also kills more women than all forms of cancer combined, and congenital cardiovascular defects are the most common cause of infant death from birth defects.
You can help fight cardiovascular disease. When you join Loudres Hospital for the American Heart Association Heart Walk, you join thousands of people across the Southern Tier in taking a stand against heart disease and helping save lives!
Join Lourdes on Sunday, April 9, at the SUNY Broome Ice Center. Check-in begins at 10:00 AM. The walk begins at 11:30 AM.
Don't miss a day of family fun.
To join a Lourdes team:
- Visit the Heart Walk website.
- Click "Register to Walk."
- Click "Join a Team."
- Login as a returning user or join as a new participant.
- Select "Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital" from the Team Company drop down list then click "Search for a Team."
- Click on the Lourdes Team you'd like to join then click "Join This Team" on the upper left side of the screen.
- Follow remaining instructions.