Tai Chi is a gentle form of exercise that can help maintain strength, flexibility, and balance. Participation is not limited to patients with arthritis.
Our Tai Chi for Arthritis is an 8-week session that meets twice a week. Each class includes a series of warm-up exercises and basic movements. Participants are encouraged to practice Tai Chi on a daily basis. It is recommended that participants discuss with their provider prior to participation.
One of the best features of Tai Chi is that it can be adapted to fit just about any fitness level making it generally safe for all ages. The gentle flowing low-impact movements are easy on your joints if you have arthritis. It can increase your flexibility and improve your balance, reducing your risk of falls.
When learned correctly and performed regularly, Tai Chi can be a positive part of an overall approach to improving your health. The benefits of Tai Chi may include:
- Decreased stress, anxiety and depression
- Improved mood
- Improved aerobic capacity
- Increased energy and stamina
- Improved flexibility, balance and agility
- Improved muscle strength and definition
Cost is $30.00 for 16 classes, financial assistance is available upon request. Registration is required.
Participants agree to commit to attend the 8-week session (16 classes).
2 Hours of orientation prior to start of the class is required held on Thursday 6/28/2018 from 10-12 noon or 1-3pm
Limited space to 40 seats per orientation.
Tai Chi for Arthritis is taught by a certified instructor trained and credentialed by the Tai Chi for Health Institute.
Dates & Times
- July 09, 2018, Mondays and Wednesdays 1pm – 2pm through August 29
- July 10, 2018, Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am – 11am through August 30
- July 10, 2018, Tuesdays and Thursdays 11am – 12pm through August 30
- July 11, 2018, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am – 11am through August 31
- July 11, 2018, Wednesdays and Fridays 11am – 12pm through August 31