The Student Assistance Program is a school-based prevention counseling program that operates in several schools districts:
- Binghamton High School
- BOCES East Learning Center
- BOCES Evertech
- Chenango Forks High School
- Deposit Middle School & High School
- Johnson City Middle School
- Maine-Endwell High School
- Seton Catholic Central High School
- Windsor High School
The NYS Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) provides certification and oversight for the prevention counseling and community education programs operated by Lourdes Youth Services.
Student Assistance Counselors work at school sites to provide free prevention counseling services to students addressing issues such as:
- Poor attendance
- Poor academic performance
- Alcohol and/or drug use
- Problem gambling
- Family and peer problems
Other services are also provided to the school by the counselor, such as staff education and consultation.
For more information, call Jill Alford-Hammitt at 607-584-3110.