3101 Shippers Road, Suite 106, Vestal, NY 13850
Hours of Operation
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Monday - Friday. Appointments are required.
Our office is conveniently located within Lourdes Hospital. For easy access, park in Lot C in the rear of the hopsital. Enter the building using Lourdes Tower Entrance in the back of the hospital. Bear left down the hall and look for signs to use elevators 8 & 9 on your right. Take elevators 8 & 9 to the 3rd floor. Make a right out of the elevator and then another quick right and our office will be located on your left in Suite 300.
Coming soon - In 2014 our office will be moving to the new Lourdes location on Shippers Road in Vestal (next to Lowes).
- Insurance cards must be presented at the time of visit.
- Co-payments are expected at the time of visit.
- All insurance companies require us to verify all identifying information when you present for each visit to prevent errors that might result in a rejection of payment by your insurer.
- Information about financial assistance is available by calling 607-798-5506 or 607-798-5229.
- Screening Mammography
- Diagnostic Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Bone Densitometry
- Surgical Breast Consultations
- High Risk Breast Care Program
- Genetic Counseling
- Genetic Testing
Niru Anne, MD, FACS
Breast Specialty Trained Surgeon
Niru Anne, MD graduated from New York University, Summa Cum Laude and attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. She completed her residency at North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System in New Hyde Park, NY. Dr. Anne is board certified in General Surgery and was fellowship trained in Surgical Oncology at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY.
- Ultrasound and Ultrasound Guided Minimally Invasive Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Dr. Anne is one of only 17 surgeons in New York State to obtain Breast Ultrasound Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. To learn more about Breast Ultrasound Certification, visit the American Society of Breast Surgeons web site at https://www.breastsurgeons.org/certification/breast_ultrasound_certification.php.
- Stereotactic Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. The Stereotactic Breast Procedures Certification program is based on the principles for the proper performance of stereotactic breast procedures as outlined in the Society's Performance and Practice Guidelines for Sterotactic Breast Procedures. Dr. Anne is one of five surgeons in New York State to obtain Breast Stereotactic Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Visit the American Society of Breast Surgeons web site to learn more, https://www.breastsurgeons.org/certification/stereotactic_certification.php
- Part of the Nipple Sparing Mastectomy Registry Program, ASBS. The program is a national registry which collects data for quality measures. Dr.Anne performed the first nipple sparing procedure in our region at Lourdes.
- American Society of Breast Disease, a professional medical society advancing multi-disciplinary breast care nationwide. Dr. Anne serves on two national committees for this society, the Abstract Selection Committee and the Breast Specialty Training Committee.
Areas of Expertise
Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign Diseases of the Breast, Nipple Sparing Mastectomy, High Risk Assessment, Genetic Counseling and Testing.
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Disease
- President, Broome County Medical Society, 2013-2014
- Vice President, Broome County Medical Society, 2012-2013
- Medical Society of State of New York
- Anne N, et al. “Lymphoma of the breast; can be a mimic of inflammatory breast cancer”. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2011 Oct 11;9: 125.
- Anne N, et al. “Intra-ocular melanoma metastatic to an axillary lymph node: A case report”. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2011 May 27;9: 61.
- Hepqur M, Ahluwali MS, Anne N, et al. “Medical management of pneumatosis intestinalis in patients undergoing allogenic blood and marrow transplantation”. Bone Marrow Transplant. Sept 2010.
- Anne N, et al. “Idiopathic pneumatosis intestinalis of the small intestine”. American Surgeon. Nov 2008;74 (11): 1127-9.
- Pallapothu RK, Anne N, et al. “Malignant transformation in burn wound with a latent period of less than one year”. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2008; 78: 329.
- Anne N, et al. “Gastrointestinal manifestations of graft-vs-host disease in bone marrow transplant patients”. Poster Presentation. American Society of Colorectal Surgeons Annual Meeting 2008.
- Anne N, et al. “Mid-sigmoid obstruction secondary to an adhesive band: A case report and review of literature”. Surgical Rounds. Jul 2007.
- K.J.Cohen-Kashi, Anne N, et al. “Spontaneous rupture of hypogastric artery aneurysm into the bladder: A case report and review of literature”. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2006 Jan; 20(1): 134-7.
- Anne N, et al. “Inferior vena cava duplication and deep venous thrombosis: A case report and review of literature”. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2005 Sep; 19(5) : 740-743.
- Anne N, et al. “Duplication cyst of the terminal ileum, an important consideration in the differential diagnosis of abdominal pain in infants”. Surgical Rounds. Sept 2005.
- Anne N, et al. “Spontaneous rupture of a thoracic duct cyst: A rare cause of chylothorax”. Surgical Rounds. Nov 2004.
For further information or to schedule a consultation, call 607-798-5916.