3101 Shippers Road, Suite 106, Vestal, NY 13850
Phone: 607-251-2110 Fax: 607-251-2005
Hours of Operation
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Monday - Friday. Appointments are required.
Our office is conveniently located on Shippers Road in Vestal. There's plenty of parking and wheelchair access. Our Shippers Road office is also accessible via BC Transit.
- Insurance cards must be presented at the time of visit.
- Co-payments are expected at the time of visit.
- All insurance companies require us to verify all identifying information when you present for each visit to prevent errors that might result in a rejection of payment by your insurer.
- Information about financial assistance is available by calling 607-798-5506 or 607-798-5229.
- Screening Mammography
- Diagnostic Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Bone Densitometry
- Surgical Breast Consultations
- High Risk Breast Care Program
- Genetic Counseling
- Genetic Testing
Niru Anne, MD, FACS
Breast Specialty Trained Surgeon
Niru Anne, MD graduated from New York University, Summa Cum Laude and attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. She completed her residency at North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System in New Hyde Park, NY. Dr. Anne is board certified in General Surgery and was fellowship trained in Surgical Oncology at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY.
Dr. Anne is the Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery State University of New York, Syracuse, NY. She is involved in teaching medical students. Dr. Anne is the Clerkship Directory for the Fourth Year Elective in Advanced Surgical Techniques offered via SUNY
- Ultrasound and Ultrasound Guided Minimally Invasive Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Dr. Anne is one of only 19 surgeons in New York State to obtain Breast Ultrasound Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. To learn more about Breast Ultrasound Certification, visit the American Society of Breast Surgeons web site at https://www.breastsurgeons.org/certification/breast_ultrasound_certification.php.
- Stereotactic Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. The Stereotactic Breast Procedures Certification program is based on the principles for the proper performance of stereotactic breast procedures as outlined in the Society's Performance and Practice Guidelines for Sterotactic Breast Procedures. Dr. Anne is one of 12 surgeons in New York State to obtain Breast Stereotactic Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Visit the American Society of Breast Surgeons web site to learn more, https://www.breastsurgeons.org/certification/stereotactic_certification.php
- Part of the Nipple Sparing Mastectomy Registry Program, ASBS. The program is a national registry which collects data for quality measures. Dr. Anne performed the first nipple sparing procedure in our region at Lourdes.
- American Society of Breast Disease, a professional medical society advancing multi-disciplinary breast care nationwide. Dr. Anne served on two national committees for this society, the Abstract Selection Committee (2011-2014) and the Breast Specialty Training Committee (2012-2015)
Areas of Expertise
Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign Diseases of the Breast, Nipple Sparing Mastectomy, High Risk Assessment, Genetic Counseling and Testing.
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Disease
- Medical Society of State of New York
- President, Broome County Medical Society, 2014-2015 (Re-elected for second term)
- President, Broome County Medical Society, 2013-2014
- Vice President, Broome County Medical Society, 2012-2013
- Broome County Health Advisory Board Member (Physician Representative)
- Chairperson, Physicians and Patients’ Information System. 11th Binghamton Symposium on Healthcare Management and Policy. Binghamton University, New York. October 2011.
- Physician Representative, Citizens Action of New York, Health Exchange with New York State regarding the Affordable Health Care Act. Oct 2012.
- Physician Panel, Binghamton University Healthcare Management and Policy, New York, March 2013.
- Physicians Foundation; MSSNY Medical and Scientific Foundation Leadership and Advocacy Seminar for young physician leaders. One amongst 25 Physicians across state of New York selected for the Seminar. Oct 2013. \
- Chairperson, New York State Physician Work Force. 13th Binghamton Symposium on Healthcare Management and Policy. Binghamton University, New York. April 2014.
- Judge, Poster Symposium. Medical Society of State of New York, House of Delegates, Resident and Fellow Section. April 2014.
- Chairperson, Women Physicians Caucus, House of Delegates, Medical Society of State of New York. April 2014.
- Delegate, representing Brome County at the House of Delegates, Medical Society of State of New York, April 2014.
- Anne N, et al. “Lymphoma of the breast; can be a mimic of inflammatory breast cancer”. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2011 Oct 11;9: 125.
- Anne N, et al. “Intra-ocular melanoma metastatic to an axillary lymph node: A case report”. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2011 May 27;9: 61.
- Hepqur M, Ahluwali MS, Anne N, et al. “Medical management of pneumatosis intestinalis in patients undergoing allogenic blood and marrow transplantation”. Bone Marrow Transplant. Sept 2010.
- Anne N, et al. “Idiopathic pneumatosis intestinalis of the small intestine”. American Surgeon. Nov 2008;74 (11): 1127-9.
- Pallapothu RK, Anne N, et al. “Malignant transformation in burn wound with a latent period of less than one year”. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2008; 78: 329.
- Anne N, et al. “Gastrointestinal manifestations of graft-vs-host disease in bone marrow transplant patients”. Poster Presentation. American Society of Colorectal Surgeons Annual Meeting 2008.
- Anne N, et al. “Mid-sigmoid obstruction secondary to an adhesive band: A case report and review of literature”. Surgical Rounds. Jul 2007.
- K.J.Cohen-Kashi, Anne N, et al. “Spontaneous rupture of hypogastric artery aneurysm into the bladder: A case report and review of literature”. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2006 Jan; 20(1): 134-7.
- Anne N, et al. “Inferior vena cava duplication and deep venous thrombosis: A case report and review of literature”. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2005 Sep; 19(5) : 740-743.
- Anne N, et al. “Duplication cyst of the terminal ileum, an important consideration in the differential diagnosis of abdominal pain in infants”. Surgical Rounds. Sept 2005.
- Anne N, et al. “Spontaneous rupture of a thoracic duct cyst: A rare cause of chylothorax”. Surgical Rounds. Nov 2004.
- Patient Centered Care: Journey of Treating Breast Cancer
Kathleen Olbrys, ANP, EdD
Kathy graduated from Binghamton University with a BS in Nursing. She received her MS in Nursing and Nurse Practitioner degree from Syracuse University. Kathy then went on to get her Doctorate of Education from Nova Southeastern University. She has been in practice for more than twenty years.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center certification as a Nurse Practitioner in Adult Health
- Colposcopy training from the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP).
- NYS Certified Nurse Practitioner
Areas of Expertise
Annual Gynecological and Breast Exams, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Care for Abnormal Pap Exams, Colposcopy and Cervical Biopsies and Uterine Biopsies.
- Nurse Practitioner Association of New York State - President (2013), Secretary (2010)
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau local chapter.
- Olbrys, KM. The Effect of Sensory and Factual Information on Anxiety in Women Prior to Needle Wire Localization. (Abstract). Oncology Nursing Forum, 26 (2), 361. 1999
- Olbrys, KM. The Effect of Topical Lidocaine Anesthesic on Reported Pain in Women Who Undergo Needle Wire Localization. Southern Online Journal of Nursing Research, Available Online. 2001
- Olbrys, KM. Cervical Screening: Assessment and Referral. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 6 (2) 151-152. 2010
- Olbrys, KM. Effect of Patient Education on Post Colposcopy Follow-up. Clinical Nursing Research. 20 (2), 209-220. 2011
- Olbrys, KM. Identifying Patients at Risk for Hereditary Breast Cancer. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 9 (1). 2013
For further information or to schedule a consultation, call 607-251-2110.