169 Riverside Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905
Lourdes Birthing Center
Having a baby is one of the most sacred moments in life. You need a hospital that is attentive to your individual choices for your baby's birth, a place where doctors, midwives and nurses support you and your family in developing a birthing plan to create your own personalized birthing experience. That is what you will find at The Birthing Center at Lourdes.
When you choose to have your baby at Lourdes, you become a part of our family-centered approach to maternity care. Lourdes offers you a highly trained, caring, maternity team with years of experience in delivering healthy babies. We consider birth as a profound emotional, social, and spiritual event and the care we provide touches the entire family. All of our nurses are certified in Neonatal Resuscitation. We want to get to know you and your family and be there for you from prenatal education right through delivery. Our facility provides a home-like environment. Each of our 11 birthing suites allows the family to experience the entire process of labor, delivery, and recovery in one spacious, PRIVATE room. At Lourdes we offer you a private room throughout your entire stay. Calm and relaxation prevail in all aspects of care.
Lourdes Hospital has received the Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care designation, a new designation under the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program.
Blue Distinction Centers+ are healthcare facilities recognized for their expertise and efficiency in delivering specialty care.*
Join us for a tour!
Lourdes Women's and Children's Services invites expectant parents to join us for FREE tours of the Birthing Center. Moms and dads-to-be can get a look at the PRIVATE birthing suites and learn more about all of the benefits of having a baby at Lourdes.
The tours are offered monthly. See our Events Calendar for dates and times, then call 1-877-9-LOURDES (1-877-956-8733) to register.
Are You Ready To Be Pampered?
We offer special amenities to laboring moms and their families. To help make your stay with us as comfortable as possible we offer:
- Spacious rooms with a sofa-bed for birthing partner and enough room to accommodate an entire family.
- Whirlpool tubs with hand-held showers for relaxation and pain relief.
- Kitchen facilities for snacks and refreshments.
- Infant anti-abduction system.
- A fully equipped newborn nursery when baby is not rooming with you.
- Restaurant-style menu with a number of nutritional choices.
- Free Wi-Fi access
- A family-friendly waiting room includes comfortable furniture and toys.
- Babies Do Come With Instructions book.
- The support of caring professionals who want to make your birth experience the best it can be.
Questions About Classes/Services?
Contact Lourdes Hospital at 1-877-9LOURDES (1-877-956-8733), 24 hours a day, if you have any questions about classes or services.