Helpful Hints to Make Your Stay With Us Smoother
- If your surgery is for 1:00 PM or earlier, you may not have anything to eat or drink after midnight (night before surgery). This includes chewing gum. If your surgery is after 1:00 PM, you may not have any solid food after midnight, but you may have clear liquids until 8:00 AM. Clear liquids include coffee or tea with no milk or cream, clear juice, water, jello, or broth.
- Please bring a list of medication(s) (including doses) that you are currently taking.
- If you wear glasses, please bring them with you.
- It is usually alright to take Blood Pressure medications with a small sip of water. Please check with your physician if you have questions.
- If you use inhalers, please bring them with you.
- If you are a diabetic, please check with your physician regarding your insulin dose or oral medication.
- Please leave your valuables/money at home.
- If you are scheduled to receive anesthesia (other than local) you will need someone else to drive you home.
Lourdes Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Patients can be dropped off and picked up in the Emergency Room parking lot at the front of the hospital or at the main entrance at the back of the hospital. After patients are dropped off, drivers can park in Lot G. Turn into the main entrance of the hospital at West Drive (across from Kneeland Avenue). Proceed past the Emergency Room and DePaul Pavilion to parking lot G. Please enter the hospital through the main entrance at the rear of the hospital. If you have any special needs (e.g., wheelchair needs) or any questions, please do not hesitate to call Pre-Admission Testing at 607-798-5791 or Ambulatory Surgery at 607-798-5321.
Patients can pre-register for Ambulatory Surgery by calling 607-584-5515, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM. If you have not pre-registered. If you have not pre-registered, check in at Central Registration, located on the ground floor of the Ambulatory Care Center, across from the main entrance.
Ambulatory Surgery patients who have pre-registered may go directly to the Atrium or other place of service (as indicated by your physician). The Atrium is located on the main floor. From the main entrance, follow the Ozanam hallway to elevators 1 & 2. Take elevators 1 & 2 to the main floor. When you get off the elevator, take the hallway to your immediate right; follow this hallway to the Atrium, which will be located on your left. Please check in with the receptionist prior to going to Ambulatory Surgery.
For more information about Outpatient Surgery, please call 607-798-5321.