169 Riverside Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905
Hours of Operation:
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Monday - Friday
Closed on major holidays. Providers work varied hours.
An on-call physician may be reached by calling the office telephone number. The answering service will assist you.
The Endocrinology Center is located on the Main Floor of the hospital across from the Atrium.
In Case of Emergency:
Go to the nearest hospital emergency department if you have chest pains, difficulty breathing, serious injury or bleeding, severe pain, or are pregnant and experiencing contractions.
Our physicians are board certified. A referral from your primary care provider is required to schedule a consultation appointment.
Because of call volume, at times it may be necessary to place your call on hold. Please indicate when asked if you are unable to hold.
We are happy to take your calls during the day. The staff will review your request and will usually return your call by the day end. If you are expecting a call back directly from your provider, please ask staff when you can expect a return call as providers may not be available at the time of your call.
All refills must be requested 3 business days in advance. Refills will be called in to the pharmacy late in the afternoon. To get your prescription more quickly, in most cases, you can request your renewal through your pharmacist. You can also request a prescription renewal through your Primary Care Patient Portal. Don't have a Portal? Talk to your healthcare provider today about signing up. Please notify us at your office visit if your prescriptions are due to be refilled.
Providers may require the prescription to be picked up at the office or mailed. We cannot call in any devices with needles/sharps.
Your appointment is important. If you can't keep your scheduled appointment, please call our office within 48 hours to reschedule so the appointment time can be offered to another patient. Consistent missed or cancelled appointments will result in our office deferring care to your primary care provider.
- We ask that you present medical insurance cards at the time of each visit. You may be billed for full fee if we are unable to confirm your correct insurance billing information.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for your appointment to allow time for registration.
- Co-payments are expected at the time of visit.
- Bring an up-to-date, complete list of medications, including strength and dosing instructions.
- Information about Lourdes Patient Financial Assistance Program is available at the office or by calling 607-798-5506.