169 Riverside Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905
It is with great pride that Lourdes Ophthalmology Surgery / Laser Treatment Center offers the Southern Tier a dermatology laser for the removal of:
- Port Wine Stain birthmarks
- Facial Telangiectasia (small spider veins)
- Spider Veins of the Leg
- Strawberry Hemangiomas
- Acne Rosacea
- Lentigo (brown age spots)
- Cafe-Au-Lait (tan birthmark)
- and Some Tattoos
Understanding Laser Treatment
A laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. Different types of lasers produce different colors of light. The color of light produced by a particular laser is the key to the laser's effect on telangiectasias. Different colors of light are absorbed by specific colors or pigments in the skin; for example, hemoglobin, found in blood, absorbs yellow-green light. The laser's light energy seals the vein shut, and the now diminished telangiectasia is reabsorbed by the body.
The laser used is the VersaPulse Aesthetic Laser. It produces short, adjustable pulses of light to treat a wide range of vessel diameters at various skin depths. The adjustable pulses minimize the risk of the purplish bruising (purpura) that is a side effect of other lasers. The special VersaSpot Chilled Tip™ cools the skin during treatment, enhancing patient comfort. The entire treatment involves no incisions or injections.
Many patients can be treated without the use of local anesthesia, and may only experience a mild stinging or burning sensation during the treatment. Other patients will require the use of an injected or topical (cream) anesthetic prior to treatment. You will be given a thorough explanation of the treatment and aftercare including warnings, risks, and recommendations when they apply.
Some patients require more than one treatment to get the results they desire. The treatment plan will vary with the type of lesion, its size, location, and other considerations. The best person to advise you whether the use of a laser is right for you is your doctor, a skilled professional, who will make treatment choices based on your health, your needs and the specific procedure.
Lourdes Ophthalmology Surgery / Laser Treatment Center has been designed with you in mind. Lasers for use in skin and eye treatments are conveniently located in a comfortable hospital setting. Every possible effort will be made to make your stay at Lourdes as comfortable as possible.
How to Get There
Lourdes Ophthalmology Surgery / Laser Treatment Center is located on the main floor of the hospital, inside the Atrium.
Convenient parking is available in Lot G.
- Use the West Drive to enter the Lourdes Hospital campus (located at the traffic light at Riverside Drive and Kneeland Avenue).
- Proceed down the West Drive to the second stop sign. The Ambulatory Care Center and the new Main Entrance to the Hospital will be on your left.
- Turn right to park in Lot G.
- Enter through the new Main Entrance.
- Pass the reception desk then turn left to enter the main hospital.
- Proceed down the hallway to elevators 1 & 2.
- Take elevators 1 & 2 to the main floor.
- As you get off the elevator, there is a hallway to the immediate right; follow this hallway to the Atrium located on your left.
- Check in at the information desk just inside the Atrium.
- After you check in you will be directed to the Laser Treatment Center. (Take a left out of the Atrium then the Laser Treatment Center is the first door on the left.)
For further information, consult your doctor or call Lourdes Ophthalmology Surgery / Laser Treatment Center at 607-798-5991.