4102 Old Vestal Road, Vestal, NY 13850
Phone: 607-772-1598 • 800-659-2406 Fax: 607-584-7679
Quality Home Care You Deserve
Lourdes At Home has provided a decade of care to clients in Broome County. We are certified by New York State and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our philosophy is dedicated to the provision of comprehensive quality care that is focused on the client's unique needs. We have a commitment to human dignity, reaching out to those in need of health care, stewardship, and a respect for life.
Lourdes at Home has been named to the 2010 HomeCare Elite™, a compilation of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States. The HomeCare Elite identifies the top 25 percent of home health agencies in the country. Winners are ranked by an analysis of performance measures in quality outcomes, quality improvement, and financial performance.
Who Benefits from Home Care
Lourdes At Home can provide quality home care when you need it most. Our clients range from newborn babies to the elderly. An assessment of your needs and a comprehensive plan of care will be developed with your doctor to help you meet your healthcare goals.
Some of our services include:
- Nursing care for wounds, IV therapy, medication teaching, disease management, and care after surgery
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy to help you get back on your feet
- Medical Social Worker to help with financial assistance or any other issues related to your social and environmental needs
- Respiratory Therapy to assist you with your breathing problems
- Nutrition Counseling to help you understand your diet and to help you plan healthy meals
- Home Health Aides who can assist you with your personal care needs
Who pays for Home Care?
- Private Insurance (including HMOs)
- Private Pay
- Some Financial Assistance is available to clients who qualify
Long Term Home Health Care
Our Long Term Home Health Care program is primarily funded by Medicaid, and is designed to provide a cost effective alternative to a nursing home. The program will assist people in remaining in their own homes during long illnesses or convalescence. Our Long Term program provides a creative and coordinated plan of personal services tailored to meet a person's health, social, and environmental needs. This program also provides support for relatives and friends caring for their loved ones at home.
Persons who are 18 years of age or older, chronically ill, or disabled can receive Long Term home care if he or she is:
- A Broome County resident
- Medically eligible for nursing home care
- Can be safely cared for at home
- Has his/her physician's approval
Additional Long Term services that are available to our clients include:
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Social Day Care
- Transportation to Social Day Care
- Personal Care Aide
Lourdes At Home has implemented Telehealth monitoring technology that will help patients monitor their blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, weight, and oxygen level in the comfort of their own home. This device uses the telephone line to send the information to a nurse at Lourdes At Home. Seven days a week a nurse reviews the information to be sure all measurements are normal and acceptable.
Patients who benefit most from Telehealth are those who have chronic conditions such as heart disease, respiratory disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma. Patients who are monitored with Telehealth have a reduced number of ambulance calls, Emergency Room visits, and hospitalizations.
For more information about Lourdes At Home or to speak to a nurse directly, please call 607-772-1598.