The Lourdes Foundation will hold a blessing and dedication ceremony for the new Mary Ann Stack Memorial Lobby on Monday, October 17, 2011, at 6:00 PM. The ceremony will acknowledge the many donors to the Mission 2012: Building Tomorrow's Healthcare Today campaign and mark another milestone in the progress of the construction project. A blessing ceremony for Lourdes employees and volunteers will be held at 11:00 AM on that morning.
Construction on the $70 million project began in March of 2009 and brings new technology to Lourdes and provides patients with a more streamlined system of obtaining outpatient services.
The project has consisted of multiple construction phases with the estimated building completion in the spring 2012.
Components of the project which have been completed include:
- Expansion and modernization of the Emergency Department
- Addition of a new open MRI
- Addition of two new surgical suites
- FEMA approved and funded flood wall
- Expansion, redesign and modernization of the Radiology Department
- A two-story main entrance connecting the new Ambulatory Care Building to the existing hospital
Components in the next phase of the project include:
- Construction of a new Ambulatory Care Building that will house Lourdes' Gastroenterology (GI) Suite, a registration area, an outpatient blood draw lab area, a pre-admission testing area, Lourdes Rehabilitation Department and Riverside Surgical practice office
- A multi-story parking garage will be the final phase beginning in 2012
The new lobby opens to the public on Monday October 24, 2011.