Hospital and Off-Site Facilities
- Lourdes Hospital main campus
- 15-practice Primary Care Network
- Mission in Motion Mobile Mammography Van
- Lourdes At Home
- Lourdes Hospice
- Lourdes Health Support, LLC
- Lourdes Vestal Medical Services
- Lourdes Sleep Disorders Lab
- Lourdes Rehabilitation Services
- Lourdes Corporate Health Services
- Youth Services & Lourdes Center for Oral Health
- Center for Mental Health, Youth and Family Services
Staff and Facility Information*
Associates - 2,248
Licensed beds - 197 (including 25 bassinets)
Newborn births - 1,115
Surgical visits (inpatient) - 2,873
Surgical visits (outpatient) - 16,110
Patient days (excluding newborn) - 44,341
Emergency room visits - 44,513
* Updated April 2016
Statistics Areas of Specialty
- Primary Care
- Oncology (Cancer Care)
- Breast Care Center
- Women's and Children's Services
- Home Health Care
- Youth Services
- Wound Care
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Sleep Disorders
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Human Motion Institute - Orthopedics/Rehab
- Stroke Center
- Vascular Lab
- Palliative Medicine
Lourdes is dedicated to delivering Healthcare That Works, Healthcare That is Safe, and Healthcare That Leaves No One Behind, and did you know…
- Lourdes Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, our nation's predominant standards-setting and accrediting body in health care.
- Lourdes has achieved New York State Stroke Designation.
- Lourdes Regional Cancer Center's Radiation Oncology department received approval to conduct clinical research in collaboration with the University of Rochester.
- Lourdes Regional Cancer Center received a three-year approval with commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. This is the highest level of approval granted by the Commission and sets quality-of-care standards for cancer programs nationwide.
- Lourdes received $9 million as part of the Health Care Efficiency & Affordability Law for New Yorkers (HEAL NY) Grant. Funding to be used for health information technology.
- Lourdes Parents & Children Together (PACT) program was chosen as one of three recipients of the Losos Prize for Excellence presented by the Parents as Teachers National Center.
- Last year alone, Lourdes provided over $30 million in care for persons who are poor and community benefit.
- Lourdes has been named Consumer Choice by the National Research Corporation for 8 years running.
- September 2014 - Lourdes Hospital’s Breast Care Center was granted full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). The NAPBC is administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation is only given to those centers committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care while volunteering to undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
- June 2014 - Lourdes Hospital received the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients.
- May 2013 - Lourdes Hospital received the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients.
- April 2013 - Lourdes Hospital’s Cardio-Vascular Department has been granted a three-year term of accreditation in Vascular Testing in the areas of Peripheral Arterial Testing, Peripheral Venous Testing, Screening, and Extracranial Cerebrovascular Testing by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).
- April 2013 – Lourdes Hospital received the Practice Green Health Environmental Excellence Award: Partner Recognition for 2012. The Partner Recognition Award is for healthcare facilities that have begun to work on environmental improvements, have achieved progress in several areas, have at least 10% recycling rate for their total waste stream and completion of a number of successful pollution prevention or sustainability projects
- In 2011, Lourdes Hospital received re-designation as a Magnet recognized organization. Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence is the highest level of acknowledgement that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association, can bestow upon healthcare organizations.
- In 2011, Lourdes Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ for its Joint Academy, Knee and Hip Replacement Program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
- In 2011, Blue Cross and Blue Shield designated Lourdes Hospital as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement. Lourdes operates the Lourdes Joint Academy program for knee and hip replacements.
- In 2010, Lourdes Hospital received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®Stroke Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- In 2010, Lourdes At Home was named to the 2010 HomeCare Elite™, a compilation of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States. The HomeCare Elite identifies the top 25 percent of home health agencies in the country.
- Lourdes was designated a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence in 2007.
- Lourdes was recognized as a 2006 CareScience Select Practice National Quality Leader in the category of Heart Failure.