The New Visions program is done in conjunction with Lourdes and
Broome-Tioga BOCES. There are a wealth of career opportunities in
the Broome-Tioga area related to the health care field. These
positions include pharmacists, radiological technologists,
respiratory therapists, laboratory technicians, speech and hearing
specialists, psychologists, anesthesiology technicians, and many
Students in the Health Careers Academy develop the skills and
knowledge needed for the rapidly growing health care industry. The
program places students in a hospital setting with access to all
hospital operations. They are rotated into various departments
where they observe and assist working professionals. The purpose of
the Health Careers Academy is to enrich, enhance and provide a
smoother transition in to their next level of professional
If you are interested in the Health Careers Academy, the first
step is to ask your guidance counselor for more information and an
The New Visions Student must:
- be a senior from a Broome-Tioga BOCES district.
- have demonstrated an interest and desire to learn about the
- be conscientious and highly motivated to succeed.
- exhibit a high level of responsibility and maturity.
- be academically sound and meet graduation requirements.