Unpaid Internships are offered at the discretion of the Hospital to fulfill a requirement to complete a credit-bearing program for an educational institution that a student is currently attending. The student both observes and participates with job responsibilities and procedures associated with a particular discipline or healthcare career.
- Applicants must complete a Lourdes Student Internship Application form.
- The selection of interns/shadows shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected factors.
- Interns/shadows must complete the applicable requirements of Human Resources, Volunteer Services, Occupational Health Services and the specific department to which they are assigned. These requirements may include: reference and background checks, pre-employment health assessment including physical, proof of immunizations and drug test, signature on code of conduct, confidentiality agreement and other relevant documents, and volunteer or hospital orientation.
- The student/associate shall be responsible for any expenses incurred during, or as a result of, participation in the career shadowing or internship experience.
- A current, executed affiliation agreement must be on file with Lourdes Learning Services Department before the internship begins.
If you're interested in an Internship, please complete a Student Internship Application.