The Professional Nurse Advancement and Recognition Program rewards registered nurses (RNs) for going above and beyond their job expectations. It is a career advancement program focused on achievements in Transformational Leadership, Structural Empowerment, Exemplary Professional Practice and New Knowledge, Innovations and Improvements. This program provides a framework for self directed growth.
Recognition of professional nursing practice is achieved as a nurse progresses from novice to expert.
- Novice nurses have minimal or no professional experience.
- Advanced beginners have some professional experience and may be transferring to a new practice setting.
- Proficient nurses are board certified in their nursing specialty.
- Experienced nurses consistently demonstrate mastery of the nursing process.
- Accomplished nurses are role models and consistently demonstrate mastery of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, and often are sought as resources.
- Expert nurses demonstrate the most complex critical thinking skills and professional nursing practice, frequently are sought as resources by all members of the healthcare team, and serve as role models and clinical leaders.