The Daughters of Charity health ministry
advances and strengthens the healing mission of the Catholic Church
through ideas, influence, and actions. We are faithful to the
tradition of service established by St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louise
de Marillac, and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
Our MISSION is to make a positive difference in
the lives and health status of individuals and communities. Central
to our mission is service to those who are poor. The health
services we provide are spiritually centered, accessible, and
Our VISION is to establish a strong, vibrant
Catholic health ministry in the United States in the 21st century.
We are committed to partnering with those physicians, sponsors, and
other associates with whom we share compatible values. Laity are
our partners in this shared responsibility for the future of our
Our VISION calls us to:
- Become an advocate for a humane and just society, especially
for those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Emphasize a culture that embraces learning, diversity,
collaboration, and the well-being of our associates.
- Strengthen the development of religious and lay leaders.
- Commit ourselves to all aspects of health -- community health,
personal health, disease management, and spirituality.
- Provide a full continuum of care, which includes home,
community, ambulatory, and inpatient services, that meets
preventative, acute, and chronic health needs.
- Foster growth through partnership, acquisitions, and
- Invest in change by demonstrating the value of innovation.
We must transform our governance, service models and
thinking to continue our mission and achieve this vision. In
keeping with St. Vincent de Paul, "Let us put confidence in our
Lord, for He will be with us first and last in the accomplishment
of a work to which He has called us."
Our core VALUES inspire us to:
- Service of the Poor
Generosity of spirit for persons most in need.
Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of
Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry.